Monday, August 25, 2008

when thoughts don't seem to make sense of themselves

when my fear hits the ground running
words don't seem to be enough in this state of panic
the air is closing in around me and am i the only one that can't breathe,
or is this some kind of growing epidemic?

the path is growing wayward, i'm wearing down
nobody else can seem to figure out how i feel
all alone in this sea of despair i am, it's a hopeless kind of thought
but i can't find a soul that will just let me be real

because the truth isn't pretty this time
the truth is just ugly, its face is quite disfigured
from a tragedy none want to speak of
but i can't bury what happened, the way his hands lingered

this agony eats away at my core
insanity is the only logical explanation
so i try to close my eyes and think of something else
in hopes of ignoring my sane limitations

so You speak to me, you tell that i'm not going insane
but that this is just all part of Your good and perfect plan
and i'm not even going to pretend like that makes sense to me
for the affairs of God i cannot yet begin to understand

but it's hope in the midst of my heartache
something to ease the pain that's burning on my insides
Your love is covering a multitude of stains
and redeeming my broken heart and broken life.

No comments: