Thursday, August 28, 2008

i'm happy.

i'm a laughing stranger on a frowning road
freedom has never felt this...free before
for in my darkest hour i said "i'm gonna trust You,
no matter how scared i am"
and that's exactly where He wanted me all along

just to hold my hands out and tell Him
that i can't do it and i don't want to and that
He'll have to step in to set it straight.
and He did.

the truth has set me free.
i'm sure of it now.
the verdict seems so simple, and yet so profound
that i know the truth and it has made me no longer enslaved

no longer enslaved
to the fears, doubts and insecurities it brought
to the wanderings and the nightmares
to the shame and the guilt and the hiding

it's all gone now.
the truth has set me free.
praise GOD,
the Truth has set me free.

2 comments:

allison said...

hahahappy.
i lololove you.

leanna said...

that first line is an AMAZING picture. i lovelovelove it.